Tuesday, January 3, 2012

New Year's Resolutions 2012

New Year's Resolutions 2012

All of these will involve change, and change is necessary to my happiness. True change involves sacrifice and discomfort. True change requires my full participation. I hereby commit to participate. Some of the below are a continuation of last year; some are new endeavours. I am excited for all!

Mind
  • Develop my mind by reading great books. 
  • Study Philosophy, Psychology and History, on my own time. 
  • Take at least two art courses or workshops. 
  • Sing. 
  • Build a sense of CONFIDENCE, SECURITY, SELF-CONTROL and SELF-WORTH, and STAY POSITIVE.

Body
  • Take a walk every single day, whether outside (bonus points!) or on the treadmill. 
  • Lose weight to 170 this year, before getting pregnant by year's end.
  • Build up endurance and begin running often. Track this with Nike+ to keep accountable. 
  • Get up early, go to bed at a decent time.
  • Find ENERGY.

Spirit
  • Veer away from toxic people, and toward positive ones.
  • Spend time in nature every day.  Take notes often; write or paint.
  • Take a notebook to church weekly and record something that inspires me.
  • Immerse myself in spiritual reading that lifts me up.
  • Pray without an agenda. 
  • BE CREATIVE, in every possible way. 

Family
  • Read to my kids every day.
  • Be more flexible in responding to the interests of my kids.
  • Camp out more, even if it is at home. 
  • Menu plan, to help save time, energy, food and money.
  • Have "couch time" with J. Every day. 
  • Be POSITIVE and AVAILABLE (emotionally and physically).

Environment
  • Get my filing up to date and keep it that way.
  • Clean out my painter shack and fix it up.
  • Plant a garden and keep it tended. 
  • Beat back caragana further and groom lawn. 
  • Build another rock garden. 
  • Get ORGANIZED.

That's the plan! I'm going to stick to it, too.

Off to run. =)

No comments:

My weight loss journey