Saturday, November 12, 2011

Checking in

Just thought I'd say hello, as I listen to one child cough, one snore, and the other two be blissfully silent for the time being.

The flu bug hit our home, complete with sore throats, fevers, pale, listless children, and three out of four of them have vomited, to boot. Praying I don't get it. It's enough to clean up puke from carpet and bedding without being unable to function yourself.

Aside from all that, I am doing well. I am choosing to enjoy food when it is in front of me, but not to give into the desperate feelings that sometimes come over me. Feelings like but I love this and I might never have it again for a million years should not give me permission to eat three helpings of home made from scratch shrimp alfredo. Even if it is the best ever, and I don't make it often.

I have lost a few pounds, but again, I'm taking a break from scale-worship.

I'll look at it in a while and see how I've been doing. Meanwhile, I FEEL different. That's what matters.

Oh, and the man in my life murmurs in my ear at night and tells me that the terrain of my waist and hips and thighs is definitely changing. Which is wonderful... but as long as he's checking, that's what matters. =)

No comments:

My weight loss journey