Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Hello, Long, Lean Muscles!

I've been too busy to be on the computer lately, can you tell?

Yup, no Facebook to force me to check in seems to mean that I just don't get online as much. I do for work, or to order books from the library, or to peek in at the Weight Watchers website, but honestly? Just haven't had time to spend on here.

One thing I've been doing with my salvaged time lately is work out. I mean, I WAS working out already, but I've been exercising MORE. And I am LOVING the way I feel.

I hurt myself early in the month when we got into a car accident (more on that another day), and my doc told me that until the whiplash healed, I wasn't to do anything high impact.

Okay, fine. Usually, my easily demotivated self would see this as a perfect time to sleep in. Or maybe sit on the couch. (Cool! We have a couch! This thing is actually pretty comfy...) OR maybe I could have a bubble bath. I did have quite a few baths, with Epsom Salts, to help with my aching body. But a few days after my doc appointment, I was feeling restless and ready to go.

I threw in a DVD that I hadn't ever used before - the one pictured above, Biggest Loser Weight Loss Yoga. Now, if you know me, you know that I tend to scoff at Yoga. And Biggest Loser. And reality tv in general... kind of like I used to scoff at exercise.

But I was under doctor's orders, so fine. Yoga it is.

And that yoga?

Kicked. My. Butt.

Seriously. I hurt for three days after my first attempt. It was AWESOME.

So I've been doing this wonderful wonderful DVD every other day for a few weeks, and holy RESULTS Batman! My pants fit better, my waist tucks in neatly under my bust, and when I twist and stretch I feel lithe and toned. I feel gooood. And I haven't stepped on the scale since the day before the accident (January 6th).

Trying on clothes for my upcoming vacation has actually been... not the end of the world. Pretty sweet. I am wearing stuff I haven't worn in years - or EVER, some of it.

So, I'm going on vacation on Wednesday, with what is as close to beach-ready of a body as I could manage.

And I'm feelin' good.

1 comment:

redeemed diva said...

Wow! Toby Lauren that is awesome. YOur pics in the other post look great. I'm so proud of you! You can do it. I have a pilates post coming up soon. Get ready to make your stomach muscles hurt from laughing. I love slow movement and stretch. It is so hard!

My weight loss journey