Saturday, November 21, 2009

That's a big shake.

And I'm not talking about my thighs during the jumping jacks, either.

In the October Women's Health Magazine there were some great stretches in the Get-Fit Tricks column, using one of those foam cylinders and slow movements. It feels really great as a cool down!

There was also a little aside on that page (66) for "Perfect Recovery Snacks". It stated that the perfect after-workout snack should have a 4 to 1 carb to protein ratio, and should be consumed within half an hour of your workout. They had a recipe for a great shake - which I made and enjoyed!

Women't Health Magazine's "Perfect Recovery Shake"
Two scoops protein powder
12 oz water
1/2 c nonfat milk
1 c strawberries
ice

I skipped the ice and used frozen strawberries, and it was really good! Light and frothy - but WAY too much for me. 12 oz of water? Oy! The blenderful lasted for breakfast and all morning, too. I guess that was what helped me eat less at lunch.

I think I'm going to be more conscious of feeding my body after a workout. Perhaps I won't be so raveous later in the day.

1 comment:

redeemed diva said...

Here's an idea of what to write about ( can I push you out of your comfort zone?) Please write about what you love about yourself that is in your nature and not weight related (ie. I make great jokes whether I'm skinny-Minnie or Veronica-voluptuous!)
and please write on comparing yourself to others. I'm quite curious to see what and how you think on those topics. I'll check back!

My weight loss journey