Sunday, September 6, 2009

165 by Christmas...

...that's the plan.

Right now, I weight about 190lbs. I'm wearing size 14 clothes, and I've heard people say I look good. I still struggle to believe them (actually, who am I kidding? I still don't believe them at all), but that does encourage me to show them just how good I CAN look.

Which leads me to my plan.

I haven't weighed 165 since before getting married. I was 175 before getting pregnant with my first son. I have a long way to go to get back to 165. But then again, maybe it just feels like a long way to go. Maybe I haven't been trying as hard as I could, because I've psyched myself out.

I did the math.

165 is only 25 lbs. I've already lost almost 60! What's 25? Really!

I went to Santa's official Christmas countdown clock, and found out that there are 109 sleeps, 12 hours, 46 minutes & 3 seconds until Christmas. I assume that means midnight on Christmas Day, so for the sake of this plan, I'm saying 109 days.

One hundred and nine days divided by 7 makes approximately 15 weeks before Christmas.

To lose 25 lbs in 15 weeks, I need to lose 1.6lbs per week.

That is absolutely doable! In fact, if I plan on 1.6, I might even do better than that.

So that's the plan. I start right now.

No comments:

My weight loss journey