Thursday, October 16, 2008

Pushing Forward - Can Inertia Count as Strength Training?



I find that it takes sooo long to get myself going again when I've had a falling-off-the-wagon week.

I just want to eat everything in sight today!

I haven't.

Yet.

But we're having ribs for supper, sooo... who's to say what will happen later?

Ok, no. I'll be good. Really. I actually COUNTED what I ate today, so that's better than I've been since last Friday. It's a start. Eesh.

I figured that there's no motivation like seeing how far I've come (and staring at a gosh-awful photo of myself now - haha). With that in mind, I've dug around in the archives to find photos of myself.

Fatter ones.

I even emailed my sister and told her I needed the fattest picture of me that she could find. Her reply was, "Ooohhhhkayyyyy.....?" I laughed. This is me the week at my son's baptism. My heaviest. Pushing 250lbs. Oy.

These are the photos that I wanted to shred at the time. I'm glad I kept them!

Up until now, I've just felt fat. Constantly. For the past 5 years - or more. Ok, more. I can't remember NOT feeling fat, although I know that the way I looked as a teenager was decidedly not fat. I just thought it was. Anyway, since my top weight of 247, I have felt really fat.

I've lost 50 lbs, but I still feel just as fat. Maybe it's because I was down to 175 before getting pregnant. I don't know. I do know I've hesitated with any kind of photos, because I didn't think anyone could really tell that I've lost anything. Fat is fat is fat, right?

Well, maybe not. When I put the pictures side by side, wow. You can actually see progress! That makes me happy.

Thought I'd share my findings.

Left, me 20lbs heavier. Right, me now. =)




And this photo, on the left, is me, hot, sweaty and stinky after a workout. Hair isn't done, no makeup, and it's just shy of 7 in the morning.

But I feel like I can post it for you to see. Why? Because I look hot? NO. Because it's such a huge contrast from the photos before.

I don't look great, yet. I have a very long way to go.

BUT - I have come a long way.

And that makes me happy.

2 comments:

Mrs. Bucket said...

Good for you! You can really see the changes happening. Keep up the good work!

TobyLauren said...

Little by little, right?

My weight loss journey