Sunday, October 26, 2008

An Attitude Plateau

I find that sometimes I just don't care.

It's not that I've become comfortable with my current weight, because I am not. It isn't that I feel like I don't need to try to get healthy, because I do.

It just seems, that every once in a while, I just could care less. It's the I'll start again, tomorrow attitude. The ah, whatever attitude. And I know it isn't productive.

Problem is, I don't care! I feel like quitting. Not because I actually want to quit, and not because I don't think I can do this. I know I can do this.

But it's hard. It takes work. Vigilance. Constant self-control. Self-control was never a really strong suit of mine. That's a character trait that I've always had to work hard to attain. I'm always reaching for it, but it's like a 20 hour road trip - sometimes it just doesn't seem worth the trouble for the change of scenery.

I want this enough to keep trucking along, though this last month seems to have been spent in neutral... or perhaps 1st gear.

Somebody needs to step on the gas, and I guess that's up to the driver.

1 comment:

Mrs. Bucket said...

Hmm, I could have written this post. I am right there with you!

My weight loss journey