Friday, September 19, 2008

The Undeniable Draw of Cake

Today is Helen's birthday. She is one today, which means it has taken me a full year to lose the baby weight I gained with her.

I guess that is pretty normal. I won't beat myself up about it.

Here I am, with a very good week so far - counting every bite, writing everything down... but tonight will be a pizza, company and cake night, and I bake fantastic cake.

I'm pretty worried that I'm going to overindulge. It's the scenario where you look at the food, and say, "Okay, I need to stop now," and you watch your hand pick up more food and take it to your mouth, your mouth opens, closes, chews and swallows... and you repeat the words again.

"Alright, I've had enough. Okay, you're done. If you eat this, you will regret it."

And the body keeps on shovelling.

Yikes.

I don't want that to happen tonight!

No comments:

My weight loss journey