Sunday, September 7, 2008

The Power of Accountibility

This has been a wonderful week.

I feel empowered; in control; on top of things.

Things are going well.

Last week a friend agreed to being a weight loss team mate - we keep each other accountable, report our plans and our results to each other, and kick each other when needed. (And sometimes just for fun.)

I have stayed completely OP all week, and vigilantly counted every bite. I sneaked a peek at the scale, and I'm already down. I'm really happy.

I really feel like I can do this. I haven't had that feeling, deep down, in a very long time.

4 comments:

Mrs. Bucket said...

Can I join in as well on the accountability issue? I've not been OP in weeks. I've not even tracked in weeks. I really want to get back on track and lose this extra weight!!

TobyLauren said...

Definitely! It really helps to have someone to report into on a daily basis. The Buttkickers thread is posted daily on the GDT. =)

Mrs. Bucket said...

Ooooh, you are a GDTer? I'm on the SO board every evening.

TobyLauren said...

It's probably a different GDT, too... I'm on the Canada GDT. WW.ca =)

My weight loss journey