Tuesday, January 8, 2008

I'm back in the saddle.

Oh yeah baby... back in the saddle.

Riding the range. And I don't mean the gas range.

This is my moment. I am walking past the open bowls of chips in the house, laughing in the face of potential disaster. I am bigger than that.

[Oh, I mean, no, that doesn't come out right... um.. a-hem... ]

I laugh in the face of potential disaster. Who eats those disgusting, fat-dripping chunks of over-processed root, anyway? Yech. Not I.

I've got my trusty treadmill and my aerobics video, and feet and feet of snow that need shovelling. And I've got the spunk to do it, too.

Yes ma'am. I can do this. Not only that, but I am.

Today was a good day. I've got more energy than I have had in a long while, and I'm guessing that is because I dragged myself out of bed this morning and worked out. Not just any workout either. A real fat-burner... the start of the Slim in 6 workout program. With those squats and high steps, I'll be in fighting shape in no time. I felt so darn good getting in the shower after my 6am workout!

Around noon when I was starting to lag again, I did the unthinkable, at least for me these days. I mean, baby Helen is just 3 months old and JUST starting to sleep 6 hours straight for me (on a good night). Will is still up many nights wanting to get into bed with us. And the excitement and rush of a crazy Christmas has had me running for the quick comfort food of the season. Don't get me wrong, I'm behind the 8-ball where my health is concerned. But back to brass tacks. Noon today I actually dug out my winter boots (yes, I've just had my dress boots and shoes available till now), donned my coat and gloves, and went outside.

I proceeded to shovel the 2 feet of ice-packed snow off of the trampoline! Then I hauled firewood before going inside, so that I could start a cozy fire to sit beside with a yummy mocha. I'm so proud of myself. This has been a long time coming, but this year is going to be a good one, I can feel it in my bones.

Correction: I can feel it in my aching muscles. Hey, aching muscles are a good thing, right?

It means I have some.

No comments:

My weight loss journey